Members are reminded that COVID-19 vaccinations will be mandatory to attend The Grange Golf Club, excluding those with a written medical exemption or if the member or visitor is under the age of 12 years, from 21st December 2021. Please click HERE for the Club Policy.
We ask that members provide proof of vaccination either by email to email@example.com or shown personally to the Administration or Pro Shop staff as soon as possible.
The process for members to provide the Club with the required information is as follows:
- As a condition of entry to any part of the Club premises from and including 21st December 2021, each member, each guest of a member, staff member and any visitor aged 12 and over must have had at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccination approved for use in Australia. Members and visitors must agree to provide evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination to the Club and agree to the Club recording their COVID-19 vaccination status.
- From and including 1st February 2022, each member, each guest of a member, staff member and any visitor aged 12 and over must have had at least two doses of a COVID-19 vaccination approved for use in Australia.
- Proof of vaccination must be forwarded by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or shown personally to the Administration or Pro Shop staff.
- Written medical exemptions must be from a registered medical practitioner and are to be provided to the General Manager personally or by email to email@example.com.
- For those fully vaccinated, your COVID-19 digital certificate will be available through the myGov website – www.my.gov.au. Those with only a single vaccination can obtain a document setting out their vaccination history through the same website. The Club encourages members to download the relevant documents onto their phone.
- Once proof of vaccination is sighted, the Club will update your status in the Members’ Directory on The Grange website. Note, that this can only be seen by those that have administration rights. No copies of proof of vaccinations will be kept to ensure member privacy.
- Members who wish to access the course will need to book a tee time on The Grange website.
- Timesheets will be reviewed and any member who has not provided proof of vaccination (or a written medical exemption) will be contacted by the Club before their booking is deleted. In time, it may be possible to update the Club website to prevent any member who has not provided proof of vaccination or medical exemption from making a booking.
- Members bringing guests to the Club must advise their guests that vaccination is a mandatory requirement to attend the Club and that each guest must bring with them proof of their vaccination status, or written medical exemption. Relevant documents will need to be sighted by a staff member before any guests will be given access to the Club. Guests who are not in possession of the necessary documents will be asked leave. The Club will support its staff in enforcing what is required.
The Committee made this decision given the age demographic of the Club’s membership base, many of whom are in the vulnerable age group, and the inherent responsibility the Club has to provide a safe environment for our members, guests and staff. They also listened to our members, the overwhelming majority who wish to continue to play golf and have access to all the facilities and amenities at The Grange Golf Club whilst on the premises.
We thank members in advance for their co-operation with the above processes. These measures will enable us to provide a safe workplace and minimise the risk of members being unable to access the Club in the event of an outbreak.