On Wednesday 20th May, Premier Stephen Marshall announced changes to the Roadmap for Easing COVID-19 Restrictions.
We are excited to advise that Stage 2 of the South Australian Roadmap comes into place from the 8th June and this includes Gyms where up to 20 people allowed maintaining an average density of 4m2 per person. It is important to highlight that the implementation dates and associated conditions of Stages 2 and 3 remain highly flexible and will rely heavily on any COVID-19 outbreaks and/or breaches by licensees and/or the public. This also means that if South Australia maintains its record of suppressing the virus, implementation times and conditions may be reduced.
In order for us to reopen the Gym @ Grange and comply with these restrictions, the following changes will be in place:
- Members required to sign in on entry to the gym and agree to the terms and conditions eg have not travelled in the last 14 days, don’t have any cold or flu symptoms, understand your risks upon entry etc
- Equipment and machinery will be moved to meet social distancing requirements and some items removed for hygiene purposes
- All members must wipe down machines and equipment before and after use with the wipes provided
- Opening hours will be limited: Morning Session – 6:00am – 11:00am and Afternoon Session – 3:00pm – 7:00pm
- Reception desk will be staffed to monitor that patrons are meeting requirements and to regular clean the machines and equipment
- Gym members will need to pre book a 45 minute time slot for their work out via the Grange website
- Only 8 members allowed in the gym at the same time
- Gym members are required to bring their own mats, towels and drink bottles. Towels, drink dispenser and mats will be removed
With regards to booking a workout time, members will need to login into The Grange Golf Club website using their member number and password. You will then be required to go the bookings tab under the member heading and find the date you would like to go to the gym and book your chosen time. Alternatively you can phone the Grange office on 8355 7100 and a staff member can book you in.
The Gym @ Grange’s official reopening date will not be confirmed until we have received clearance from the South Australian Government and we will advise members as soon as we know.
We thank members in advance for their patience and cooperation and look forward to seeing you back in the gym soon.