As I am sure you are well aware the Premier made an announcement on Tuesday this week about the further easing of restrictions from Monday 29th June 2020. Certainly a positive step towards some normality after what has been unprecedented and uncertain times.
We are pleased to advise Members that the following changes will apply at The Grange Golf Club from Monday 29 June:
- Capacity calculations will be reduced from one person per 4 sq mtr to one person per 2 sq mtr. In effect this will increase our Club’s capacity from 25% to 50% of the allowance under our licence.
- No caps on capacities in rooms, so for us with one person per 2 sq mtr, we will be able to accommodate 210 people in our Member’s Lounge area and events such as wine lunches are back on the agenda.
- Standing drinking will be permitted inside and outside the Club.
- Showers in the locker rooms will be re-opened.
Your Committee have decided, following the Premier’s announcement on Tuesday, that it is now time to return to normal golf operations at the Grange. From Monday 29 June rakes will be back in all bunkers (ie; there will no longer be preferred lies in bunkers), foam noodles will be removed from the cups and players may remove the flagstick, should they wish to do so, when putting.
I would remind all our members that raking a bunker, while exiting that bunker after you have played your shot, is mandatory. Every member’s responsibility is to leave the bunker in a better condition than that when they first entered it. If all our members adhere to this policy, our bunkers should be consistent throughout the entire day and not penalise afternoon players (who seem to be the major complainants of the state of the bunkers) when morning players have enjoyed much better conditions.
Although we are moving back to some normality, members guests and visitors to the club, at this stage, are still restricted. Each member may introduce 1 guest on Monday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday (after 11am) at the members introduced rate of $85.
COVID-19 Health & Safety:
All the personal Covid safe rules are still active around the Club and include:
- 1.5m social distancing obligations continue to apply unless seated with friends and family
- The physical distancing principle does not apply to people who attend as a group at a place that provides onsite purchase and consumption of food and beverages while those people are seated at the same table together.
- COVID hygiene practices must still be applied
As we have experienced throughout this pandemic, rules and requirements change daily or even hourly. We at The Grange have been leading the way throughout this entire pandemic, when compared to other golf clubs in SA, enabling the Club to remain open and continue playing golf, even with certain restrictions. As in the past I once again thank members for their patience and understanding during these difficult times and I extend a very special thank you to those many members that have sent through positive feedback and comments on how the Club has handled the crisis.
We will continue to be one of the leading clubs in SA whilst looking after the health and best interests of our members and staff.
I thank you once again for your support of the Club and take this opportunity to remind all members that Annual Subscriptions are due by next Tuesday, 30 June. I hope to see you around the club soon.